So IMDB is one of my favorite things. I find the most bizzare connections, and the most obscure shows that I actually used to watch but forgot about. Anyway, my most recent trip into the film world, started out with a search to figure out what else Monica Potter from Parenthood was in.
Turns out she was in this movie, and then I looked up what the grandma from parenthood was in, and it turns out she was in this movie with this guy. Who also happened to be in one of my favorite childhood trilogies, Not Quite Human. His sister in the movie is a girl named Robin Lively. You may not recognize her, but she was in a movie called Teen Witch, which my roommate and I (mostly me, I'm sure) became obsessed with this summer because of this.
So then I found out that Robin Lively was a half sister of Blake Lively, who was in Gossip Girl and some show about magic pants, weird, but the kicker is, she was in my favorite episode of my favorite show ever. She was in the high school reunion episode of 30 rock, but I didn't even recognize her!! She's the one on the right in the picture. (This is seriously the best episode ever.)
While this was fun for me to discover, the best part about this was that it led to one of the weirdest dreams ever.
Here's the dream:
Somehow I'm hanging out with Robin Lively, and I said, "I was shocked when I found out that you were Kelsey Winthrop in 30 rock." She told me, "That wasn't actually me. I was cast for the role, but then changed my mind which is why it was listed on imdb." "Ok, because I really couldn't believe that was you."
(My dream thoughts are now going to be in italics, as in these are the thoughts I had as the me in my dream.)
"I should tell her that I have 'Top That' on my ipod."
"Maybe I shouldn't. She probably gets that all the time."
END OF DREAM.
When I finally remembered this dream and told Kali about it, I realized that she probably doesn't get that all the time. People probably don't even recognize her as the girl from Teen Witch anymore. So now I really wonder what would happen if I told her I had Top That on my ipod. And yes, I actually do have that on my ipod along with this song.
Finally, just to make things clear, that really was her in 30 Rock, and I really am not obsessed with Robin Lively in any way, this was just a weird dream that I blame imdb for. Thanks a lot.

this is ridiculous.
ReplyDeletebut amazing.
ps this is kali
ReplyDeleteI actually remember watching "Not Quite Human" as a kid. Wow!
ReplyDelete